On May 6th London goes to the polls for the delayed 2020 London Assembly Election, and we are incredibly proud that Siân Berry and Caroline Russell are standing again to help turn London Green.
In the last five years, Caroline and Sian have achieved real change in the London Assembly, including:
- Winning a big change in policy from the current Mayor to give residents the power to vote down plans that demolish council homes.
- Getting the Mayor and Assembly to declare a climate emergency.
- Helping reverse deep cuts by winning over £70 million in new funding for youth clubs and services in London.
As London begins the slow and painful journey out of this latest lockdown, it’s more important than ever that our recovery is sustainable, fair and just. Caroline and Siân are campaigning to:
- Invest in more green energy and jobs, with warmer homes and new funding to cut fuel poverty.
- Reduce traffic and cancel the Silvertown Tunnel, investing instead in healthy streets, walking, cycling, better buses and new public transport links.
- Campaign for the power to introduce rent controls across London
- Support the rights of all EU citizens and fight to end hostile environment policies that target migrants and refugees.
- Protect civil liberties and hold back police powers, stop the use of facial recognition and roll back the increase in stop and search.
But we can’t do it alone. We need your help.
Here in Islington, Caroline is crowdfunding to try and reach as many Londoners as possible. A £20 donation today covers the cost of 1250 leaflets; £50 lets us phone 220 voters.
The Green Party doesn’t have big corporate sponsors or donors. We are community volunteers. Your generosity today can help us make a huge difference in London for the next five years and beyond.